Below is an email I got from my friend Glenn, who runs Racing to Register Canada (www.racingtoregister.ca) Glenn is also fighting MDS.
From Glenn :
Check out link and my update I sent last night to friends and family;
I the only word I can describe what is going on the past couple of weeks.
I would rather have gotten this much publicity for scoring a hat trick in a playoff game.
In point form:
- The village of Streetsville is stepping up and hosting a “swab clinic” called “get swabbed for Glenn” April 2nd.
- We have more than enough volunteers but opportunities will still exist for Niagara (May) and London (June)
- Tonight I spoke at the Kinsmen /Rotary / Lions club annual meeting
- Saturday morning I will be on Dutch Radio (AM1320 at 9am)
- The CNBPA (Canadian Netherlands Business Professional Association) has taken up My cause in the Dutch Canadian Community
- Next Tuesday I will be on Rogers TV (I think at 9am)
- Web site www.racingtoregister.ca is taking off. Thanks Deb and Nicole
- A friend of mine is hosting a swab clinic at her work. Thanks Lisa
- Another friend of mine is hosting a swab clinic at her work. Thanks Sandra. If you can help in Guelph on April 28, 29 please contact Deb Riedstra (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tonight at the Kinsmen meeting I talked about how God has a purpose for me, I believe that HE is using my disease to pull community together, I believe I am going to be an ambassador for the 900 Canadians who are also waiting for a Stem Cell Transplant. I believe that HE is blessing me with good health now so that I can accomplish this calling. I also believe that I need help in this calling, please spread the word on facebook, by phone, email, word of mouth ect… Please pray for me, that I don’t “overdoit” That I stay healthy, that I continue to have an easy time with Chemo treatments, that funding continues for these treatments. Continue to Pray for Michelle, Ryan, Collette and Sierra, who also live it every day.
If you want to hold a swab clinic at your work, let me know, if you have a corporate wellness person, ask them if its possible.